It has arrived, 2012 is upon us. Before we start can anybody tell me what happened to 2011? I seem to have misplaced it. It was here but I turned around and it was gone.
In all seriousness, 2011 was an amazing year, and I have high expectations for this one too.
I know that this is the time of year when everybody makes resolutions. Promises to themselves that they know they can break without feeling too guilty about. You all know what I mean. Those stop smoking promises, or the weight loss targets. I never make Resolutions because I know that they have a less than impressive track record. What I like to do instead is wipe the slate clean.
A new year, a new start. Forget about the failures and low points of 2011. The past is the past and nothing can change it. We are who we are in this very moment, and if we need to make changes we just do it. No preconceptions.
While I shy away from resolutions, I do like to set targets for myself at the start of the year. So here goes, in no particular order.
- Move House – We currently live in a tiny flat that doesn’t give us the space we need for the children. Coupled with the neighbors from hell that seem to be determined to be like the Corleone family of the flat. Everything needs to be approved by them.
- Publish the second Highway to Hell installment.
- Re-edit my and re-release my short story collection.
- Write and publish a new standalone novel. This is already planned out in my mind in terms of the main plot, just need to fine tune the character arc.
- Read more. With three kids running around, finding time to read can be hard, but I am determined to read more this year
- Get some form of (semi) regular exercise. I would like the scales to stop saying ‘one at a time please’ when I stand on them. Nothing more specific than that.
- Further define my blogging. I want to develop a genuine schedule of say 4 posts a week, including one author interview. The questions to which I am currently working on, but would also tailor from author to author.
- Of course, if I can actually sell a few copies of my books along the way, then all the better.
Happy 2012 everybody.