Until recently, I was of the near certain belief that I had read every comment that I had received on this blog. Imagine my horror when I discovered not only were there a few comments I had missed, but even awards.
Yes, I had overlooked something that I consider an absolute honor not once, not twice, but thrice. Three separate awards nominations have been sent my way and I failed to acknowledge them.
I know I know, I hang my head in shame
So here it it goes, I hope, better late than never.
The three awards I was nominated for were
- Kreativ Blogger
- Beautiful Blogger
- ABC Blog
When it comes to blogs, I am only now starting to get the hang of things, to find my own style and voice I suppose you could say. If we are talking about awards, well, I am about as knowledgeable as a brick on a piece of string
I cannot quite capture how humbled I feel that people took the time to nominate me for an award. Maybe it is just me, I always have a hard time accepting praise.
As I said, I am unfamiliar with the whole process regarding these awards, and will certainly be reading up on them once this post is live. I know, it is kind of a backwards way of working, but I have time to write now, and time to read later.
However, I have noticed that one theme that is consistent amongst all awards is the need to nominate another blog. So, without further ado, and in no particular order I present you my nominees.
1) Kreativ Blogger Award – Andrew Mocete, a man who defines professionalism, determination and is all around good guy.
2) Beautiful Blogger – This award has to go Eden Baylee. This lady is quite possibly one of the most amazing people I have ever known. Her writing is amazing, and a heart as big as they come. Her IndiesUnite4Joshua campaign will help a young man through the toughest battle he will ever face.
3) ABC Blog award – I am always wary of nominations, simply because I always feel bad for the people I did not mention. However, I must make a choice, and so for this award I nominate Andrea ‘Meeka’ Flory. Andrea and I may be separated by half a world, and an entire hemisphere, but thanks to the internet we crossed paths and I am thankful for that.
There are a lot of people I have not mentioned here, and I will not start a list, because then I am bound to miss even more people and end up feeling even worse, but please, believe me when I say this was a tough choice.
I have just learned that part of the process with awards is to reveal a little bit of yourself. Get your minds out of the gutter, I mean factoids. A glimpse into the works of Alex. So here goes nothing 🙂
- I don’t like odd numbers – I cannot listen to the radio or watch TV if the volume is on an odd number. If I see it, I have to change it.
- My dream job, other than being a writer would be to work in the police
- I am a country music fan, especially Toby Keith and Tim McGraw
- I am terrified of Butterflies – there is a horror tale there somewhere, I know it.
- I tend to have a bit of a problem with authority. Not too bad, I have gotten it under control now I am a ‘grown-up’ but sometimes it has to come out and play.
- I have 4 kids … well three and one on the way, but I would love to have more. Specifically, I would love to adopt!
With that, I pass the ball over to my nominees and bid you all a goodnight.
6 thoughts on “Blogging Awards”
lmao – thanks for the nomination Alex and I do appreciate it, especially the kind words, but you messed up! You’re forgiven though because I’ve messed up every single one I’ve ever done 😦
Part of the award thing is that you’re supposed to tell /us/ 5-7 things about YOURSELF! This is where you earn your award in blood, sweat and even a few tears.
You don’t have to bare your soul completely but it would be nice if you told us a few little things :p
Aha, then allow me to make some edits, and I will return with a few factoids about myself. 🙂
I have made the updates. Thanks for pointing that out to me 🙂
Oh…Butterflies? I must admit that factoid has me completely intrigued. Do you remember some incident from childhood perhaps that would account for it?
A friend’s older brother once threw a dead huntsman spider at the two of us. [They’re big and hairy]. It hit my friend but I shared every moment of her horror because neither one of us knew that it was dead until later. I think I must have been about 8 or 9 at the time and I still can’t bear to have a huntsman inside the house.
Thanks for letting us inside your head space a little 🙂
I received a nomination also and had no idea what to do with it. I am still not sure but I am happy I am not alone in this!