This time tomorrow I will be high above the world, cruising along at some crazy altitude, reclining in the business class seats of a KLM (Delta) flight to in to Los Angeles, with a short two hour top in Minneapolis along the way.
For the next two weeks I will be in Irvine, California, a business trip, day job business, not writing business.
This means several things.
- I have 9 hour and 4 hour flights ahead of my to get as much writing done as I can.
- I will be working long days! Logging a great many hours of day job work.
- I will still set my alarm insanely early just to get some writing done.
- I will try to cram as much sightseeing into the weekend as is physically possible.
- I will miss the kids like mad.
I love travelling, and the best thing about my current day job is that every now and then, I get the chance to do just that. Get out and see the world. Sure, I would love to be doing it with my family, but that time will come. Of that I am certain.
I have never been to California, although I have a great many images in my head at the mere mention of the state. I am interested to see how much of it is true.
One thing I have heard is that Clive Barker is has an art exhibition, which opens today, but has other times during my visit. I will have to find a way to get to it, just for the sake of saying I have been and seen Clive’s work first hand.
My bags are packed, and while my work items are all safely tucked away, I did first and foremost ensure that not only was my carry on bag loaded with copies of my books, but also larger bag too. 5 copies of each in all. Hey, you never know who you will meet, or who might buy your books.